Saturday 13 October 2012

Filmmakers Guild

I don’t like the word Guild.  It sounds a bit free masonry.  Anyway, went to the Film maker’s Guild meeting on Saturday.  Initially a lot of discussion about this new initiative they’re doing which I unfortunately wont have time to be part of.  I perked up when the co ordinator, Nocks Chatiza used me an example of a film maker recruiting crew from the Guild.  I hadn’t even considered doing this as I’m still waiting to hear from ZIFTESSA.  Left a note for the secretary btw.

The next meeting is on last Saturday of July.  By then I should have finished all my scripts and have a better idea of what my requirements are.  Then, and only then (return and kill Pilias) will I advertise in the Guild.

Met Sylvia at the meeting and later asked her to do some Producing/Research work for me.  She agreed but I need to be much much much much more specific about exactly what my requirements are.  Which brings me back to those scripts which for some reason will not write themselves....

Also met a stand up comedian at the guild who goes by the name of Toropito.  Didn’t hear any of his jokes but he did tell me he can also act.  It’s possible that may have been one of them.  Time will tell.  To be fair, this man had that weird black person with hazel-ish eyes going on like that guy from CSI so I can def. see myself using his contact come audition time.

Unfortunately he didn’t have a showreel or anything like that but nearer the time (completion of scripts), I’ll try to get him to upload stuff on this blog.

Also met a renowned Zim filmmaker at the meeting, Mr Norbert Ferro.  He agreed to do an interview which when I’ve done it, I’ll post in the interviews tab, along with all the other interviews I haven’t yet found time to do.  Mr Ferro also used to be the commissioning editor at the ZBC and he understood where I was coming from regarding trying to get my work broadcast by the national broadcaster.  Too many people have written off the ZBC but it remains the state broadcaster and is still watched by millions.  The math seems simple to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment